Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No offense, but this will offend you

Please stop F-ing using "no offense" as a disclaimer for your filterless mouth!

I'm on a rant today. It drives me insane when I hear or in the blogging world see someone say, "no offense...but". Okay awesome since you said "no offense" that rude comment didn't hurt my feelings.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. DUH! But if you're going to share your opinion don't try and sugarcoat it man the F up and own that shiz-nat!


Whatever happened to "constructive criticism" or honestly just saying things nicely. For example, when I was 17 I got this wild urge to die my natural blonde hair basically black. People shared their opinions right and left and I remember a friend of mine who was older and wiser than me saying, "I understand you wanting to try going darker but you did have very pretty blonde hair". Notice she didn't say, "no offense, but I hate your hair like that, makes you look like a skank".

This is an epidemic in the blogging world, people think they're all bad and ballsy because they're behind a keyboard.....



In other news, we just got a Cheesecake Factory in town and don't worry I've visited twice this week.....so far.
 Summer evenings are the best
New shades:)



 photo signature-8.jpg

15 comments:

  1. Love Cheesecake Factory!!! Yay!! The closest one to us is like an hour away. Boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been yet to Cheesecake Factory! Maybe once it calms down we should do blogger night there!! And this no offense thing is TOTALLY my boss. She says "I don't mean this bad BUT..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to Cheesecake Factory blogger night:) It is madness there right now! I hate passive aggressiveness!!!

      Delete
  3. I love ballsy bloggers but I can't agree more! Own what you're going to say and be responsible for the potential reactions (good and bad) you'll get! Saying "No offense but..." is like saying, "I'm going to say something that I know is going to upset you but I've included a disclaimer so I'm no longer responsible for how my words affect you." Enjoy Cheesecake Factory! It is a VERY good thing the closest one is almost three hours away! Their carrot cake is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Since when is a warning sufficient?! I haven't had good carrot cake in awhile. My mom once made one for a church potluck and used my porcelain bunnies on it as decoration.....tacky with a big T! :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE CHEESECAKE FACTORY! I use to be over 2 hours away from one and now i am less then a mile away! WAHOOOO :) makes me so happy! Too bad we cant have a cheesecake factory date, haha.

    && good rant, so true!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think it's everyone's favorite place and for good reason it's a great restaurant, like if you can't find something on their menu that you like there is something wrong with you:)

      Delete
  5. Amen, sister! FYI, if you like Salmon, the Miso Salmon is my all-time fave meal there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will now that you told me too! I'm surprised they don't have salmon cheesecake haha how gross would that be!

      Delete
  6. No offense, but I can see your keybaord from here........................

    ReplyDelete
  7. This line freaks me out. Now I know you're going to insult me!

    Areeba @ Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete