Do you remember the reference???
I confess I didn't make it to Boot Camp last night and I know that's not good, it's just that I love naps. BUT, I did go for a 1 mile walk in a very hilly neighborhood so I'm doin alright. I also stayed on track food wise yesterday so I can stamp the day as a swell one.
Slimmer Trimmer Chicken Enchiladas
This dish was inspired by a recipe I got off Pinterest(where else?) from The Larson Lingo which is full of delicious recipes. The original recipe is for the crock pot and it is delicious! I figured it would be a great filling for some sort of Mexican casserole concoction.
3 Chicken breasts
1 package of fat free cream cheese**
1 can black beans
1 can Rotel
5 Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning mix
Fat Free shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
**if I could change anything I probably would have used Neufchâtel it has a richer taste and still pretty healthy.
- Dice up chicken breast however you like
- Place chicken in a large skillet sprayed with cooking oil and cook chicken until done (I added a little chicken stock to ensure the chicken wasn't dry)
- When the chicken is done cooking, reduce heat
- Add the cream cheese, Rotel, and taco seasoning
- Drain the black beans and rinse them with cold water, remove as much excess water as you can
- Add the black beans in with other ingredients
- Mix everything together ensuring the cream cheese gets melted
- Cook on low for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Divide mixture evenly onto each tortilla and roll up, place folded side down into a casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted**
**Fat free cheese does not melt near as well as the not fat free kind, just ya know FYI:)
All in all I thought this tasted pretty good for being a lightened up version, I used Hot Rotel because that's what I had so it ended up being pretty dang spicy.
This little crazy tried to snag a bite....
What are your favorite skinny'd up recipes??