Tuesday, July 30, 2013

From Nice Gut to Nice Butt

Do you remember the reference???


I confess I didn't make it to Boot Camp last night and I know that's not good, it's just that I love naps. BUT, I did go for a 1 mile walk in a very hilly neighborhood so I'm doin alright. I also stayed on track food wise yesterday so I can stamp the day as a swell one.


Slimmer Trimmer Chicken Enchiladas

This dish was inspired by a recipe I got off Pinterest(where else?) from The Larson Lingo which is full of delicious recipes. The original recipe is for the crock pot and it is delicious! I figured it would be a great filling for some sort of Mexican casserole concoction. 

Ingredients:
3 Chicken breasts
1 package of fat free cream cheese**
1 can black beans
1 can Rotel
5 Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning mix
Fat Free shredded cheese (I used cheddar)

**if I could change anything I probably would have used Neufchâtel it has a richer taste and still pretty healthy.

Directions:
  • Dice up chicken breast however you like
  • Place chicken in a large skillet sprayed with cooking oil and cook chicken until done (I added a little chicken stock to ensure the chicken wasn't dry)
  • When the chicken is done cooking, reduce heat
  • Add the cream cheese, Rotel, and taco seasoning
  • Drain the black beans and rinse them with cold water, remove as much excess water as you can
  • Add the black beans in with other ingredients
  • Mix everything together ensuring the cream cheese gets melted
  • Cook on low for 5 minutes
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Divide mixture evenly onto each tortilla and roll up, place folded side down into a casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil.
  • Sprinkle with shredded cheese
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted**
**Fat free cheese does not melt near as well as the not fat free kind, just ya know FYI:)

All in all I thought this tasted pretty good for being a lightened up version, I used Hot Rotel because that's what I had so it ended up being pretty dang spicy.

 This little crazy tried to snag a bite....
Little stinker:)




What are your favorite skinny'd up recipes??

 photo signature-8.jpg

7 comments:

  1. YUM!! Love me some enchildas. I'll have to give this a shot some night after I unpack all my kitchen stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you do...honestly I had plenty left over that I ought to ship you some to Texas bahaha!

      Delete
  2. These look scrumptious! Your little puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty good! I'm sure they'll get better with practice! Haha

      Delete
  3. Those look amazing. I have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i need to make them and of course not tell tevis they are from a SKINNY recipe haha. Anything to make us healthy without him knowing ;)

    I dont like fat free sour cream, cant do it, but i bet its not bad with those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boyfriends and Husbands make it really hard to stick with a diet!! I try to cut the calories where I can but not to the point where I can't stand to eat it ya know??

      Delete